We hope you have had a wonderful break.
School is now open.
Breakfast Club at 8.00am & Early Birds at 8.30am (currently Year 1 and 2 only). School doors open at 8.50am.
Our vision is to foster a love of lifelong learning and give every child the opportunity to develop socially, academically, creatively, spiritually and emotionally. We will provide a broad, balanced and rich curriculum which will challenge children’s thinking, encourage them to care for others and inspire them to fulfil their individual potential in order to achieve success.
LONGSHAW COMMUNITY INFANT SCHOOL
IS OFFICIALLY A VERY GOOD SCHOOL.
The inspector celebrated that…
- The school is a beacon of hope and care for children and families in the community
- The Headteacher, Governors and senior leaders have an accurate view of the effectiveness of the school
- We have created a warm and welcoming school environment
- The behaviour of the pupils continues to be a strength
- Pupils treat each other with respect
- Parents said ‘Teachers do their best to make all children feel special, to see their value and purpose irrespective of their backgrounds
- The school gives high priority to the social and emotional needs of the pupils
- The environment is bright and stimulating
- Teachers celebrate the work of the pupils across the school
- The standard of art work around the school is excellent and pupils utilise skills that only those well beyond their age would normally have
- The curriculum is enriched with trips and additional experiences
- The pupils are taught to understand the wider aspects of British society through visits to synagogues, mosques and churches
- Pupils benefit from expert teaching in art, music and physical education
- They explore learning through many different lunchtime and after-school clubs
- Pupils are actively encouraged to solve problems and take risks whilst developing language skills in regular outdoor learning sessions
- Pupil premium funding is carefully spent so that disadvantaged pupils make progress in line with that of all other pupils
Since returning to school in September, we have had a lot of problems with cars parked on the Zig-Zags on both Pilmuir Road and Crosby Road.
If you are a Parent please can you ensure that you are not parked dangerously and not on the Zig-Zags. Please park in a safe place, and walk a short distance to school if necessary.
If you travel to school using a taxi, please ensure your driver does not drop you off on the Zig-Zags.
If any Parents/Carers witness taxis parked on the Zig-Zags please take a picture of their driver number and registration plate and report them using the following number - 01254 585585.
Enforcement Officers have been visiting school and will continue to do so at various points throughout the year. They have been issuing drivers with fines and will continue to do so.
Please help us to keep your children safe