Our vision is to foster a love of lifelong learning and give every child the opportunity to develop socially, academically, creatively, spiritually and emotionally. We will provide a broad, balanced and rich curriculum which will challenge children’s thinking, encourage them to care for others and inspire them to fulfil their individual potential in order to achieve success.
OUR CURRICULUM INTENT
At Longshaw Infant School we constantly strive to improve our curriculum offer for the children in our school. We ensure that the curriculum is broad and balanced, with a wide offering of opportunity to learn and be successful in every area of learning. In order to do this effectively we:
- have leaders of all National Curriculum subjects who research their areas in order to become experts in their fields and to support all teachers with the delivery of quality learning
- have subject progression documents which outline the expectations for subject learning and detail the knowledge and skills to be taught in each year group
- build learning around meaningful and purposeful projects in order to teach children to link subject learning to real life situations
- identify learning opportunities which links to the children’s interests in order to enthuse and challenge them
- identify support for learning in the local area in order to inspire children and build aspirations for the future
Our Curriculum is built around these 6 Cs – Caring, Creativity, Collaboration, Character, Communication and Citizenship
It will aim to....
MAKE LEARNERS CURIOUS STIMULATE THE IMAGINATION
DEVELOP CREATIVE THINKERS ENCOURAGE RISK TAKERS INSPIRE CHILDREN TO ASK QUESTIONS
DEVELOP PROBLEM SOLVERS AND CRITICAL THINKERS
CREATE DECISION MAKERS ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO EXPLORE LEARNING FURTHER